Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review/NOTD: Matte Nail Polish

Yimane Nail
 Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees- Suede

This nail polish was sent to me by BornPrettyStore.com for review. (scroll to bottom for disount code) I got to choose what poroduct I wanted to review and I found a bunch of Matte Nail polishes on their site.
Matte is a fun new trend this year so I thought it would be perfect to review. 

I really love how the color turned out when you leave it matte or even when you put a top coat on top. So really you can have two different finishes with this nail polish which I thought was cool. Even if the Matte look isn't for you, it looks great with a good top coat over it. At first I thought the polish was more of a deep plum but it looks more of a dark midnight blue but with a hint of purple in it. So pretty! 

A few things I noticed when I used this polish:
-I liked the shape of the brush which is great for application
-The polish has a strong smell so beware of that (didnt bother me but might bother others)
- The polish seems to be a bit thicker than most nail polishes but that might b because it is a matte nail polish (I have not used a matte nailpolish so I have nothing to compare it to)
- The polish dries quickly so you need to work fast when applying it (doesnt take long for the whole nail to dry which is a plus)
-Probably need only 1 coat for this polish
- This polish tends to chip a bit quicker bc there is no top coat to apply over it to keep it matte

Overall Rating: 7

 Matte Polish (With no top coat)
Matte Polish (With top coat)

DISCOUNT CODE: ARIEL88
BornPrettyStore was so kind enough to provide me a discount code for everyone to use to get 5% off anything on their site. This code is valid until end of December
This website has tons of beauty supplies for nails, hair, makeup, jewelry, and some really cute hello kitty stuff. Their prices are pretty cheap too. 
Go Check out their website!!

1 comment:

  1. oh i love this! i love when ppl do the glossy french tip also

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...