Friday, September 30, 2011

Review: Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow


The new shadows are finally here! I am so excited! 
Bare Escentuals has always had their mineral eye shadow which are loose and very pigmented. Some people dont mind the shadows being loose but some find it messy and intimidating.
 They finally figured out a way to make "solid" eyeshadows. They are still all mineral based with no chemicals, binders, and waxes. These shadows actually help your eye area too:

"reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, decreases the appearance of puffiness on the upper eyelids, and helps boost moisture levels in skin."

 I think these shadows are very reasonable in price. 
Duos- $20

Quads- $30
What do I think?
I am very happy and excited about these shadows. They are very pigmented and feel almost creamy to the touch. All the colors are very different so you have a great rage of finishes and colors to choose from. I really like the packaging. The palettes are very sleek and simple. On the back on the palettes show the names and the colors of the shadows which is awesome for a visual reference. There is also a very large mirror in the compact as well.
I have noticed that when you sweep your brush against the shadow, it sweeps away more product than you need. Its better to pat your brush into the shadow so you dont sweep away and waste the product. I am not really a fan of the sponge tip applicators in the compact but some people might like it for touch up. 

My overall rating: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...